An entrepreneur on a journey of discovery

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

... and it continues...

Writing about poor customer service is becoming rather boring, but every single day I see massive flaws in customer service. This morning I phoned Wesbank who provide finance for both my personal and company car. To verify that I was who I said I was the consultant on the phone asked me for my personal details which I duly provided.

However, the cell phone number they had on record had one digit listed incorrectly. Having had the same number for 8 years I doubt I gave the number incorrectly so I assume they must have entered it incorrectly somewhere along the line. Not a big problem though, we can change that very easily. Wrong!

Firstly the consultant told me that having the wrong number wasn't a big problem. Wrong again. What happens if someone from Wesbank needs to phone me? Then when I asked if we could fix the number quickly the consultant informed me that I would have to phone another number and speak to another consultant in order to fix a mistake that they made.

Some simple questions I would like Wesbank to answer:
1.Why doesn't your consultant have the ability to change my number on the spot?
2.Why do I have to go to the trouble of phoning another number?
3.Why doesn't the consultant take on that burden herself instead of leaving the burden with the customer?
4.Why can only a customer service agent provide customer service? Surely all of your employees should be able to provide customer service?

Needless to say I'm not going to phone again to get my number changed. The upside being that I won't be getting any sales calls from Wesbank on my cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home