An entrepreneur on a journey of discovery

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A talkative client is a happy client

My client meeting scheduled for an hour this morning took over 2 hours to conclude, mostly because my client and I spent well over an hour talking about all things from cars, to sports, to dress sense, to what she had for breakfast. We hadn't had a meeting in months so we had a lot to catch up on and it was good to spend the time with non-work talk. When we finally got to the work portion of the meeting, we whipped through it efficiently and quicklywent back to the social chitter chatter.

Here is what I learnt from that meeting:
1. It's incredibly powerful to have a relationship with a client that moves beyond the confines of work.
2. She was excited to meet with us because our work made her look good, and when you do that you are greeted with big smiles
3. The client has absolute trust in us moving forward, so much so that she was happy to receive a quick update and then leave us do what we do
4. I learnt a little more about how to keep my client happy. I already knew how to deliver, this was getting to know the person, and that enables me to keep her happy as both a client and as a person.
5. My dress sense needs some work.

I'm looking forward to our next meeting - weird that isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home