An entrepreneur on a journey of discovery

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Rent or buy

After almost 5 years of working from home I have decided that there are no more excuses - the company needs offices. Looking at some rental options in my area has depressed me somewhat because they are all dull office blocks where individuality seems to be prohibited.

The one office park was very promising but the rental rates are ludicrous and I realised that we shouldn't use our profits to make someone else rich. Buying seems to be a good option but I'm stuck with the same bland office choices.

So, next week will be spent looking at houses in the area where I can apply for business rights. The monthly bond payments will be less than rent, it's a valuable asset, and we can impart our own style into the refurbishment of the house when converting to offices. Let's hear what my bank manager has to say about this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home